Another clinical nomenclature for Juvenile diabetes is Type 1 diabetes.
Therefore the symptoms that are prevalent in Juvenile diabetes are the same as those of Type 1 diabetes.
To know about juvenile diabetes, we need to understand what diabetes is.
JUVENILE DIABETES: A LIFELONG PARTNER
Juvenile diabetes or diabetes is a lifelong partner.
So, learn to live with diabetes!
Juvenile diabetes: how does it occur?
Diabetes occurs when the ‘pancreas, is disabled. The pancreas is the organ within the abdomen that not only creates insulin but also determines the place (within the human body) to store glucose or sugar.
JUVENILE DIABETES VERSUS INSULIN
Insulin is a particular hormone that transforms certain portion of the food that we consume into sugar or glucose.
JUVENILE DIABETES: WHY IS SUGAR OR GLUCOSE NEEDED?
The human body needs glucose or sugar to generate the required heat for performing metabolism – one of the most important biological processes. Insulin is the agent performing this significant biological mechanism.
JUVENILE DIABETES: HARD FACTS
Here are the hard facts about juvenile diabetes or Type 1 diabetes:
* The majority of the patients suffering from juvenile diabetes have a family history of this ailment.
* Juvenile diabetes occurs in patients who earlier suffered from gestational diabetes.
* The majority of the patients suffering from Juvenile diabetes are obese.
* Juvenile diabetics can happen at any age.
* Juvenile diabetes is a silent invader.
* By the time, the patient seeks medical advice juvenile diabetes takes deep roots within the body.
* However, juvenile diabetes can be cured if it is diagnosed at the initial stage. Hence, we should go for regular medical check-ups, especially of the blood sugar. Such examinations are needed at least twice a year.
* Nowadays, even children have been found to be suffering from juvenile diabetes or the type 1 diabetes syndrome.
* When juvenile diabetes is left undiagnosed, it may lead to the advanced form of diabetes which is known as type 2 diabetes patients. The majority of the patients blissfully that they are from suffering juvenile diabetics come face to face with this grim fact only in their middle ages or in their 45 plus stage. More than 80 per cent of the type juvenile diabetes patients are overweight.
* Approximately 90-96% of the diabetics suffer from juvenile diabetes.
* Juvenile diabetes sets in owing to the modern lifestyle marked by a sedentary jobs, lack of exercise, consumption of fast food, and above all tension.
* A drastic and deliberate change in those factors coupled with the regular medical check-ups can keep juvenile diabetes at bay.